Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Amitriptyline - not an antidepressant

In reference to my post earlier this afternoon, I just want to clear up any confussion that I might have made. I mentioned that I am currently taking amitriptyline for my migraines - well if any of you type that word into google you'll quickly see that it's used as an antidepressant. When my doctor first prescribed to me this medication he was quick to mention that even though it was first marketed as an antidepressant it is no longer being used for that purpose because it wasn't working for depression and was rather solving migraine/headache problems. He didn't want me worrying thinking that he had put me on antidepressants. So no i'm not on any type of antidepressants - just wanted to clear that up in case any of you were curious. :-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Brenna, I'm back from vacation and just had a chance to check your blog. Praise the Lord for His mercies in helping you! I pray that you continue to feel better. Your comments about how you've seen God at work in this trial were particularly encouraging. Thanks for openly sharing about the struggles!