- Made it through my second semester of nursing school (clinical portion) Thank you Jesus!
- My medical/health challenges and circumstances have been pretty manageable almost in a dormant (asleep) stage. Though I had bronchitis for a month and was a bad nursing student and didn't go in to see my doctor, it eventually turned into a bad case of pneumonia, but I am feeling much better.
- NATE came to visit me and the family December 28th - January 5th! What an awesome week! The first day Nate came out, Nate and my Dad went out for coffee to talk about our relationship and Nate basically asking dad permission to date/court me. SO Nate and I are officially courting (aka dating with the intentions of marriage) old fashioned term yes, but it's just helpful for us and for others to know that we are taking this seriously and it's not just a relationship to have with no purpose behind it.
- PATRICK WILLIAM BAKKEN - born January 12th 2009, 9 lbs. 6 ounces 2o 3/4 inches long, born to my sister and brother in law! That makes it nephew number two! Amy had an excellent labor and delivery only a few hours long - and she looked and felt great immediately after delivery and even the next morning. Thank you Jesus! Mom fly's out to visit next Thursday!
- Currently I am working full-time for the Ohrvalls while i'm on Christmas Break - classes/clinicals start up January 26th - and it's my Psychiatric Nursing rotation! OH BOY! aka i'll be in a psych ward!
SO, let me explain the title of my blog post. PROVISION. This word has constantly been on my mind as of lately, especially after Nate left me to go back to college. I know that God has placed this word on my heart and mind for a reason. And I truly believe God has wanted me to dwell and meditate on this idea of Him being my ultimate provider for a very specific reason. This word has brought me closer to my Savior and more and more thankful for how He has been my true provider for all of my life and specifically this past year. Let's take a look back over the last year.
- I sent in my application for nursing school and got in very quickly - which is RARE. GOD PROVIDED
- I have dealt with an immense amount of health/physical challenges over the last 6 months - but God still PROVIDED. He provided me with endurance, hope, peace, joy, and even strength to continue nursing school even when my professors told me to drop out due to my current circumstances
- For YEARS I had myself convinced that I would be single for the rest of my life, living with million cats all alone in a dark house (you know how the story goes). I certainly didn't believe that God had singleness in mind for me, I just lacked faith that there would ever be a guy out there for me. Here I am not even a year later and God has opened this wonderful door of me entering into a new relationship with a godly, loving, caring, sweet, kind man. GOD PROVIDED. God provided when and where and with whom He saw fit. I look back now and am truly able to see how it was only God's kindness that He didn't give me this longing when I first desired it and was in denial. He had much to grow in me and at that time it was not a good thing for me to have. (God does not withold good from his children), so at that time dating/courting wasn't a good thing for me therefore He was not witholding one ounce of his goodness from me at that particular time in my life.
- My goal throughout college has been NO LOANS. I was able to work during my first year of nursing school since it was just gen eds and pre reqs, but now that I'm in that actual clinical portion of school it is almost impossible to balance school (and do it well) and work at the same time. I've played around with the idea of getting a job many times at the hospital. So far though THE LORD HAS PROVIDED. And I have much faith that He will continue to do so. No I don't receive checks in the mail filled out to me - but God has provided many opportunities for me to continue nannying/babysitting during my breaks and what does this equal = enough money to get through college without LOANS.
I'm sure i'm missing many other ways that God has so kindly provided for me this past year - but these are one's that stick out in my mind. I take such comfort in knowing that I have a MIGHTY Savior who is completely and utterly in control of every aspect of my life.