Friday, July 25, 2008

Self-Diagnosis

I have done a bit of researching yesterday and today - trying to figure out what I might have. It's just a guess though, because I could have a number of things. So, here we go, this is my self-diagnosis, we'll see on Monday if I'm right by any means

Duodenal Ulcers:

There may be no symptoms of ulcers or the individual may experience:

*A gnawing or burning pain in the abdomen between the breastbone and the navel. The pain is usually worse a couple of hours after a meal or in the middle of the night when the stomach is empty.
*Nausea
*Vomiting
*Loss of appetite
*Loss of weight
*Tiredness (a symptom of a bleeding ulcer)
*Weakness (a symptom of a bleeding ulcer)
*Blood in vomit or stool. When blood is in the stool, it appears tarry or black (symptom of a bleeding ulcer).

I have all of these symptoms except vomitting, though most of the time I feel like I could at any moment.

ALSO, on Monday I'm going to talk to my doctor about my frequent headaches/migraines. I'm not exactly sure what makes a headache qualify as a migraine, but I'm pretty sure i've had two this week. They are bad enough that i'm nauseous and the pain not only runs throughout my entire head but also into my neck, shoulders and down my back. I've had frequent headaches (sometimes four a week) for many many years. About time I get that checked out too.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, friend. I'll continue to pray. So good to know that the Lord all ready knows exactly what the diagnosis is and He is ready and able to help you. May His mighty power shown in the cross give you peace as you go in tomorrow.

Katie said...

Any word back on the tests?