Monday, June 23, 2008

Light in the Darkness

This morning I was reading in the Psalms, and came across a verse that struck me. It was one of those moments where it felt as if a light bulb had just been turned on in my brain and at the same moment a rush of awe, comfort and thankfulness swept over me.

Psalms 139: 11-12 says "If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall cover me, and light about me be night, even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is a light with you.'"

Specifically the part where it says "for the darkness is a light with you" hit me in such an awe inspiring way. It is yet another simple yet profound truth that I have learned about my Savior. It's so encouraging and comforting to know that even when I face moments of darkness, the Lord my God is a light for me and He will see me through.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Girl!

I like your insights on what God is teaching you! Can you post them more often??