Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

What is a mother? Most dictionaries would define the term "mother" as "a female parent" or "a term of address for a female parent or a woman as having the status, function, or authority of a female parent." These terms just don't seem to fit, atleast in my perspective. Yes, my mom is my authority, but it doesn't stop there. All of these definitions for the word mother, seem so one-dimensional, boring, lacking appeal, glamour and charisma. Where is the honor? My best assumption is that whoever came up with such definitions for the word "mother", has never experienced such a relationship with their mother as I have.

Here's my best attempt to honor you MOM!

Mom, if I could find one word to describe you, it'd come from a mix of all of these words: Godly, caring, wise, loving, generous, beautiful, spiritual, GOSPEL-CENTERED, unselfish and commited.
What are you commited to? God, your husband, your family, raising your daughter's in light of the Gospel and training us in the way we should go.
Mom, there have been countless evidences of grace in your life! Your desire to grow, pursue Godly fellowship and to keep the Gospel center, has been such an influence in my life. I know I do not take enough time to thank you for your example, but I honestly don't believe I would be the person I am today without your Godly example that you live out daily. Your influence on me has been invaluable.

No comments: