Monday, May 19, 2008

A Burden Upon My Shoulders

Do you ever get the unpleasant yet familiar feeling that something just isn't right in your life? And then once you've realized that something isn't right, you rack your brain tediously to try and figure out what's wrong. And then once you've figured out what it is that has caused the "unpleasant yet familiar feeling", you sit there weighed down by the burden that you've unknowingly been carrying upon your shoulders for who knows how long.

I sit here, just having gone through this exact sequence, and desperate for the Lord's help.

My Burden - struggling with confidence and self-worth (in the eyes of others and God's)
The Root - disatisfaction with how God made me & failing to realize God's goodness in my life
The Causes - comparing myself to others, going to a secular school where it's easy to be convinced that i'm not good enough, not viewing myself as valuable as a single
My Solution - running to my Savior and daily surrendering my heart to him while laying my burden's at his feet.

I can't remember a day going by where I haven't, in some form, compared myself to others, wishing I had what they had, or dwelled upon my imperfections. I'm not living in the light of my Savior's amazing grace and love that He has shared with me. The fact alone that He sought me in my sin, should be enough confidence for me, but I am a sinner and often these truths are far from sight.

I am so excited for New Attitude this weekend! I'm anticipating great things from this conference, and already expecting the Lord to meet me, and asking that He would reveal more of my sin to me so that I can that much more easily - say no to my sin and turn from it, leaving my burden where it belongs, at the feet of Jesus, and not on my shoulders.

Psalms 55: 22 - cast your burden on the Lord, and HE WILL SUSTAIN YOU!

1 comment:

andrea_jennine said...

None of us are worth much in and of ourselves, but the cross shows that we are beloved by God, whose mercy clothes the unloveliest in the beauty of Christ!

P.S. I like the new look of your blog!