Monday, April 14, 2008

So far, so good

I'm on my third week of school, and loving every minute. And no, mom isn't behind me telling me to say that! :-)

I've also come to realize that God has more in mind for me (during nursing school) than just graduating and receiving my degrees.

1. He wants to give me a "one-life", and if my only accomplishment out of nursing school would be to reach one non-believer and by His grace, they turn to Him, then my time has been well spent.

2. He wants to grow me in my faith as well.

On a different note though, I had an absolutely amazing birthday, thanks to everyone who made it special! I feel so richly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. When I was younger, I used to evaluate my birthdays on a scale from 1-10, 1 being I had an awful birthday, didn't receive the gifts I wanted etc, 5 lying somewhere in the middle, and 10 being it went perfectly, received exactly what I wanted, everyone was focused on me, and so forth. So selfish! My focus was on eternal things, and not God. I failed to realize that my birthday celebration should ultimately glorify the Lord! He was the one who gave me life, and who continues to allow me every wakening breath. He is the one who chose me for eternal life, and by His grace continues to mold me in the likeness of Christ. I celebrated this year, not because I was 21 and could legally drink, or because I received gifts and attention from others, but because my amazing Savior has blessed me this past year, and I know He will continue this coming year. I celebrated because God has helped me in my battle against huge sins over this past year, and grown me fonder for Him, His people and His word. I celebrated, because I was with the most important people during my birthday week, my family and my friends whom God has blessed me with. And that is what made this birthday memorable.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy belated birthday, friend! May the Lord make this year of your life one filled with joy and growth in your love for the Savior. I'm grateful for you!