Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The beginning of the next two years

Wow, I guess it has been a while since i've updated all of you. Where should I begin?

Jack - had an echocardiogram on March 21st, to see the results of his surgery, positive outcome or not. God has been so faithful, Jack's surgery was very successful and he may not need surgery for another 5+ years. He's a very healthy and active boy - loves to eat big boy food. He can sit up, roll around, stand up (with aid of couch etc) and He loves his Baby Einstein videos, especially the monkeys! I speak for myself personally, but I know the rest of my family would agree, we are so thankful to our Lord and Savior for keeping Jack safe, and sheltering him under the comfort of his wings. This circumstance has been faith building for sure and i'm grateful.

As for myself, I started nursing school last Tuesday (April 1st 2008). I had my first exam today, YAY I passed, and somehow managed to get one of the highest scores in my class. It's very fast paced, intense and overwhelming, but it's such an honor to be a part of it! This circumstance/situation (nursing school) is also very faith building. Every night this past week I had such incredible thoughts of doubt, I kept questioning my ability to succeed, even though I spent practically every waking moment studying. I found myself constantly submitting prayers to the Lord, and He (in his awesome nature) responded quickly, and aided me when I needed him most. He kept reminding me that He is for me, He is my God, and I should not fear. Least to say, even in this short amount of time (one week since starting) i've seen growth and God's activity in my life. Praise God!

I turn 21 on Thursday, ahhhh where have the years gone? Usually parents freak out about their "babies growing up", but I think it's more of a shock to me. Its been a good 21 years though, and i'm ready for another 21, I shouldn't get ahead of myself though, take it for today Brenna, take it for today.

No comments: