Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time For An Update

Sorry friends, for not updating my blog in a while. Nursing school has got the best of me, and it doesn't allow for anything beyond class, clinicals, studying and maybe sleep once in a while. =D

But alas I just finished my IM (intramuscular) injection return demonstration in the skills lab, and I have 20 minutes before lecture starts.

SO what's new.

It has been a FULL semester so far, much harder than last semester - but come on going from a nursing home to a hospital, only asks for it. I LOVE IT THOUGH. The Lord has been teaching me to literally take it one step at a time, last semester I got so caught up in "how will I get through all of this" aka "how will I make it out alive", and God, in His kindness, has helped me to focus on TODAY, even dividing that down to "get through lecture" "get through clinicals" "get through studying" and so on. God has given me much grace and through that i've been able to achieve much and find success. Thank you Lord!

I'm also learning to ENDURE with JOY. I wasn't sure for a while what that would look like. I mean, how can I have joy when most nights I'm only getting a couple hours of sleep, or sometimes pulling all-nighters just to get my work done, and then have to wake up at 4:30 for clinicals, and repeat the same all over again. Some mornings my stomach feels raw and my body shakes, I can only imagine from lack of sleep, but the question is, HOW do I endure with joy? Here's how, I wake up, and I preach truth to myself. I thank God first and foremost for giving me the opportunity to be in nursing school. Then I look back and see God's past Grace that he has given me for moments just like this. Then I pray and anticipate that God will hear me and answer. And he does, he always does. Within moments, my symptoms are gone, I feel strengthened and ready for the tasks ahead of me.

Pray requests:
* I'm currently having some new health issues. The left side of my body (arm and leg) have been randomly falling asleep (loss of sensation), i'm dizzy frequently, my hearing has been bad (lots of high pitched ringing) and my eyesight has also been bad (loss of peripheral vision at times, very fuzzy, sometimes I see black spots). And my headaches have been bad even while taking amytriptaline (prescribed migraine medicine). I went in yesterday to see my doctor, he ran a few blood tests, and I'm having an MRI on Monday 9/29 at 4:45 pm. If the blood tests and MRI come back negative, i'll have to visit a neurologist.

Off to lecture, it's time for fluids and electrolytes!
Thanks for all of your prayers and support, I'm blessed to know each and everyone of you

4 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

Brenna, I'm so glad the Lord is helping you to find grace for each moment. I'll be praying for those new health challenges.

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing the update! I am so encouraged by hearing how God is meeting you despite these trials. Thanks for being an example to me of seeking to look towards that which is eternal rather than the temporary afflictions.

Katie said...

Praying for you, Brenna.

Karen said...

Okay, this post is titled "Time For An Update." Well, it's time for another one, Girl!

Gr8ful 4 u!