Friday, February 22, 2008

God is our Refuge

This song has been so much comfort to me this past week:

God is Our Refuge

God is our refuge and God is our strength
An ever present help, in our times of need
We will not fear, though the earth give way
The mountain fall into the sea

The Lord, Almighty is with us
The Lord, Almighty reigns
Within his arms, We will find our Rest
Our God, Our Refuge

Nations are striving, Kindgoms rise and fall
Seated in heaven, He rules over all
Be still and know, that He alone is God
He will be exalted in the earth

The Lord, Almighty is with us
The Lord, Almighty reigns
Within His arms, We will find our rest
Our God, Our Refuge

I was listening to this song yesterday while I was driving, and I started tearing up. I kept wondering why this week has been surprisingly easy. Why God chose to give me such extended grace to deal with the news of jack's heart condition and upcoming surgery (March 5th). I don't even deserve to be in his presence, let alone to experience such love from Him.
It's mind boggling. And yet it is so refreshing to know that my God loves me and that He is sovereignly in control over ever good, bad, rough or easy situation that comes in the way of His children. I'm so encouraged to see how God is actively working in my life and my family's.

I also feel so blessed to be surrounded by the amazing people in my church. THANK you for caring, thank you for praying without ceasing. Thank you for sharing our burdens as if Jack was your own nephew. I feel richly blessed to be a part of this body of Christ, and I pray and trust that God is being glorified through this situation.

So with that said, I'm greatly encouraged and I feel that even within this short amount of time, my faith has grown stronger and my love for Christ has deepened.

More updates to come, love all of you!

No comments: